View Single Post
Dazed
Default   #9  
I'm a Fallout fan through and through! I own the F3 game, played it a bit on a borrowed 360 for a couple of months. Not nearly as much as i wanted to though!

I also got to play a bit of Fallout 4 once, as they also owned a PS4 console, and i truly fell in love with that game too! I am addicted to the ability to build in the game.

Heh, i have caught myself thinking, 'Hey! There's a boatload of scrap i need to grab!' just going down the road anytime i see random piles of tires, old chainlink fences, old wood, metal and fallen trees, lol. Its amazing how a game can sink into your head. :P

I can't see myself having funds for a PS4 anytime soon though. They've gotten a *little* cheaper but not by much. So instead i'm aiming for a used/rebuilt 360, hopefully next month.

My intentions are to eventually ebay for the Game of the Year version of Fallout 3 so i can have all the DLCs already installed in-game. Maybe one day a Xbox One will happen, but they too have to come down in price before i can do that.

My undertanding from the articles i read is that F3 will be backwards compatible on the Xbox One, so likely i will do that instead of the PS4.

I have to say, a major draw for me in the Fallout world is both the music played on GNR in F3 & F4, and the world objects (couches, chairs, other furniture & items), in F4. Plus the old gas stations (Fallout New Vegas), drive-ins and diners!

See, all of those are contemporary to me. I grew up using items just like, or closely similar to, items and building styles found in F4. The music in both games is also what i grew up listening to.

Plus, long before 'scaving' was a term, my Dad and i used to go out exploring in old abandoned buildings and other left behind places, doing the very thing called 'scaving' in those games! (Ask me sometime what it was like to explore an old, abandoned hospital! Totally Fallout!) :D

Other games i've played is Fallout New Vegas, (love the art, music and world items, but hate the interraction trees within the game, and the overal story arc.); Quantum Red Shift; several Star Wars games, Midnight Club 3, and a forgotten list of other games on several other gaming platforms and games for pc.

NES, oh my do i miss M.U.L.E., and dozens of other RPG titles, mostly made by Koei.

The one computer game i miss terribly that was for the old Windows systems was a turn-based simulation of WWI (and WWII i think also), it was called Panzer General.

And i better stop there as i've unintentionally written a wall of text. o.o oops!
Old Posted 01-19-2017, 10:46 AM Reply With Quote