View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #1057  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Don't be fooled by the above health claims! The molecule in that picture is dihydrogen monoxide! Dihydrogen monoxide, or DHMO for short, is a dangerous chemical.

It has been identified as a major component in cancerous cells. It is extremely addictive, and those who consume it generally die within 3 to 4 days of withdrawal. Overdose leads to kidney failure, with a prominent case making headlines in 2007. Despite this, it is popularly used by athletes as a performance enhancer.

It is the leading cause of corrosion and oxidation of metals. It contributes to erosion. Its primary industrial use is as a solvent and coolant.

Inhalation of even a small amount of DHMO can be fatal. In its solid form it can cause tissue damage. It's a major component of acid rain, and in its gaseous form it can cause severe burns.
Woa for real?! o.o;
*researches with face smooshed against screen* /8c
! Well shit. You're absolutely right! :D How about that! Look!

It's the same molecule! Good catch there Coda! <X} My bad! I fix! >:3 Tank ya very much. *gives Coda the smart points for smarts and pointing this out* Yes! Dihydrogen Monoxide is toxic and should not be put inside your organ bag, er, body! >:} Unless you want to have some foreign liquid in your bladder.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Last edited by Merskelly Metalien; 08-05-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old Posted 08-05-2019, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote