View Single Post
Poconut Overlord
Default   #13  
Night of October 9th, 2011 ~ Embargo Kills a Planet

There is Vader and Lord Vader. Lord Vader is our enemy and leader of the empire. Vader is a clone of the enemy when he was young and good. The odds are stacked square against are little planet trying to beat the Empire alone. However with a little clever planning the battle turns to our advantage. Nearly all but their flagship is destroyed, which turns tail and runs to avoid destruction or being hi-jacked. There was a plan for this eventuality. Spirits were at a high on deck. Vader not only smiled but allowed a chuckle to pass through his lips. But the good feelings were short lived. As an explosion rocketed the decks below. While we didn't feel the explosion we felt the ship losing stability in its orbit around the planet's moon. Lord Vader comes over the comm gloating and dispatches a bunch of droid pilots to finish off our sabotaged ship. I remember reaching out with my hands and taking down two of them from the deck but I black out.

My next memory I am in a chair in what appears an ordinary living room. This is where we are having our peace talks with Lord Vader. He sits across from me, Vader to my right in a couch, and Queen Lunira in a chair made of wood woven together and a paleish green cushions. She is dressed in a fancy white dress attire that reminds me a lot of Queen Amidala (oddly though her face is that of my mother). The talk does not go well. Lord Vader to place an embargo on our planet and watch it die a slow death.

>>FF>>
It's been only a few months. Maybe 3 at most. Already poor communities have formed and resources, such as food, reaches famine standards for feeding our population. I'm living with my partner in Crime, Nathan and me fought together in the short war, at this school. We are in the cafeteria eating what is presumably the last of the food supply. Things were surprisingly orderly despite this. But not for long as a rebellion stirs up. Some young'uns (funny considering I'm their age) come in guns hot and ransacking the poor people. To their surprise they receive quite a fight back from me and Nathan both wielding our personal handguns.

They run out the doors into the open areas where much of the building has collapsed and opened to water. It was used sort of as a fishing port. Anyway not long after running out I spot another companion from the war: Emanuel. He's a mercenary now, and accompanied by an attractive blonde woman with an attitude. Upon seeing me he offers his services for free without a word. I, though, offer to pay him anyway. Which gets his partner to agree to helping out...reluctantly.

This encounter is only seconds long as I kept running down the docks shooting every rebel with accuracy. The main group though had retreated to the high ground of the docks and surrounded themselves with various objects. I could not get a clear shot and the pathways to there lay nothing but floating debris. Emanuel heads around to smoke them out from the back. My irl friend Demetri shoes up though and runs straight to them! I don't know what he did but their ad hoc stronghold explodes. I take this opening to quickly hop along the floating chunks of wood. Emanuel already dispatched most of them from afar with his rifle but I do managed to snatch one from him.

The battle now over they begin to walk away. Quickly I catch up and offer what I have: $20. The bitch complains about how little for all that effort and not to mention ammo. I apologize only slightly due to her bad attitude.

>>FF>>
As our people fall further into decline we manage to track the Queen down to one of her small unassuming hidden homes to speak of action. Even so far as to negotiate on the Empire's terms. She chuckles sadly with her hands folded in her laps. "I don't have that kind of power anymore." I begin to argue but the scene fades to black as we fast forward one more time.

>>FF>>
Negotiations never happened. It must've been only 2-3 years since the war now. The majority of civilization destroyed itself in the fires of Anarchy. What survives of our knowledge doesn't extend very far into technology. Three young men feeling the years of men several times older ride a salvaged and upgraded floating platform into a jungle area that used to be a military base. It was a place for the three of us to start anew I guess. With our planet still cut off and no one hardly around we stuck together. We traveled the planet hoping to find a measure of peace.

By this time I am more muscular and darker-skinned from the surviving and burning so much more energy allowed me to burn the fat right off. My thick dark green clothing, a mesh between standard military armor and my own fashion sense, did nothing to leave me affected by the intense heat like my companions. I was actually comfortable. Added to all the bulk was my long hair. It had grown down to mid-thigh. I kept it back with a white band. It had gotten a tad unruly but in a more controlled away. Which I liked the look of.

My long-time companion Nathan is the most well groomed of us. He looks kind of like Jude Law's portrayal of Watson. Only with a groomed beared. His clothes are somewhat formal looking yet sturdy, not quite a suit. Emanuel had evolved the most out of us. His hair was grown some, it took on a natural curl-though it was still short. He styled it in a sort of suave yet natural look. I can't remember his clothing except he was wearing a half-unbuttoned white shirt. He was also speaking in a previously uncharacteristic Italian accent. His mercenary partner was no longer around. It was just us and we knew he was really Mexican. So what was up with the accent he could only guess why he had the Classic romantic image.

The wilds had claimed many bastions of civilizations but just how much of the once sprawling military complex was overwhelmed by its natural surroundings astonished us. Buildings had collapsed, there were very few roofs still standing and vegetation grew from nearly every surface. As we settle into the place it doesn't take long to start raining. Camp isn't set up and we go about exploring the area around our camp grounds for things. Particularly food as that is our first concern. My curiosities of course are to find out what happened hear. Often I was the archaeologist among my peers. Even more unexpected though we found dinosaurs! It was more unexpected than anything else. And dangerous as well. It is a large one about 3 feet taller than us. Our *brilliant* plan is for me to be bait. particularly cause of my long eye catching hair. It works...and it bites me by the hair. I don't remember what happened with the dinosaur but I next remember seeing people! They were however tribal now. We follow them, eventually coming upon a perfectly clean interior inhabited by the world of the past. Everywhere people are shopping in a mall as if the world outside hadn't gone to hell.

They don't actually notice us. I worry about our smell and appearance. But all of our clothing being military in nature, and the weapons we carried probably allowed them to ignore us. We continue going straight foward. I notice as we're walking some horrendously deformed newborns. It's as if somehow we couldn't give birth to a new, healthy, generation. The thought never occurred to me before and it was scary.

As we walk we stumble upon the Queen. In her signature chair. I don't remember what she was wearing but I remember her look of remorse as she looked at us. our presence brought back many memories she and others were trying to suppress with this facade of paradise down here. Again I try to convince her to take action. She gives me the same smile and chuckle as before. "Look around. The people do not want the truth. I don't have any power over them. Not for a long time."

/End/
Old Posted 10-14-2011, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote