View Single Post
We're all mad here.
Default   #13  
I tried reading Interview with the Vampire but nearly fell out of my chair for the boredom (of course I was 14 at the time so that may have had something to do with it). I don't read vampire novels out of habit but one of my favourite novels that happens to focus on a vampire is I, Strahd: Memoires of a Vampire. I've read it twice. Elrod also has a series that she wrote called "The Vampire Files" (graphic novels I think) but I've never read them.

If you are familiar with Dungeons and Dragons or Ravenloft at all, that's where part of the novel comes from. Strahd started life as a villain in an old DnD adventure and the Ravenloft setting came from that. I know the book and two others were re-released recently.

If you like other supernatural critters, Strahd is the antagonist in two other novels by James Lowder, Knight of the Black Rose and Spectre of the Black Rose where the main character is a death knight/living dead guy. Evil, murder, and mayhem abound though I didn't find the novels squeamish or anything.
Old Posted 04-30-2011, 05:44 AM Reply With Quote