View Single Post
Default May have already been suggested >.>;;   #44   Elf healer Elf healer is offline
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Vampire Academy is a good read. I actually collected the whole series and I'm waiting for the sequel series. :D Vampire Academy is good if you like the girl protagonist type, so it's not exactly the whole "damsel in distress" type that's annoying. Rose saves herself and kicks ass :D

As for House of Night, I believe that it's not for the strongly religious type of people, like those hardcore Christians. HoN is more for the open-minded, although I can't really say much about it since I'm only up to the fourth book.

Somebody suggested the Riley Jenson Guardian series!!! :D YAY! I think I haven't read one or two of that series because I can't bloody find them in the library :\ But, from what I've read, it's amazing but this series would be for the adult audience since it has pretty detailed sex scenes. (I found these books when I was fourteen >.>;; ) The main vampire character is Irish ;)

I've read a bit of L.J Smith. I'm currently reading Dark Visions which is pretty good so far, but the vampire in it isn't your average vampire that are those blood suckers. I'm not halfway in the book yet so I can't say much about this book. (It's a three books in one type I believe, sicne the one I borrowed is that type.)

As for the Anne Rice books, I've only ever read Pandora (I think it was...). It's pretty good as it looks into the historical background and all that, so it's quite interesting.

(I had to do a little googling to remember this one) The Dark Angel trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce. Okay, I know it doesn't sound like a vampire book, but they call the antagonist dude a vampyre, so I guess he is one (he's not the blood sucking type though). Damn, I read this one quite a while ago actually and that's only the first book (I can't find the others DX). I actually think it's only the first book that has the "vampyre" in it though... But I won't say anymore since it'll probably spoil it.

Darren Shan series. Damn, I loved and hated that series, but you'll have to read it to see why xD. The ending was too strange for me but the plot is really interesting and original.

Anyway, I think that's all the vampire books I've ever read. I have a friend who's a vampire book expert and was even before the Twilight series became popular.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 10:09 PM Reply With Quote