View Single Post
Dragon of Ice
Default Defiance (The Video Game)   #1  
So...the game has been around for several weeks now. Wondering if anyone has played it yet and if you have any opinions on it? It's an MMO with a third person shooter aspect to it.

For those of you who don't know, Defiance is set on a futuristic, terraformed Earth. It all started when a group of aliens known collectively as the Votan arrived on Earth in their massive Arks. Their home system had been consumed when their sun when supernova, and because of this they were in search of a new planet to call home. Negotiations were opened with the Earth government, and attempts were made for several years. Eventually they failed and the Votan collectively declared war and invaded, attempting to carve out their own territory and stake a claim. In the end, the Arks in orbit were destroyed and fell to the surface in an event known as Arkfall, the result of which was a massive terraforming event which forever changed the surface of Earth. The massive change, along with an act of both sides of peace at the Battle of Defiance, culminated in both groups laying down arms to try and survive in the new and dangerous world.

In the game, you play as an Ark Hunter who makes their living scavenging tech from smaller Arkfalls where orbiting debris falls to the surface. As an MMO you can interact with other players and cooperate or just follow your own path through what used to be the Los Angeles area, with the iconic Golden Gate Bridge as a landmark amongst the new and unfamiliar landscape.

For those who don't know, there is also a TV series on Syfy by the same name. It is set years after the game, with room left for events in the game (actions by players, names, etc.) to influence events in the TV series....a first for any series.

Here's the main site: Defiance
Here's the wiki: Defiance Wiki
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 04-28-2013, 03:42 AM Reply With Quote