Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Developer
I know this is trivial compared to the rest of this thread, but it's got me disproportionately twisted up inside...

My wife and I have been trying to earn the Master Ball in Pokemon Go, putting in a lot of work over the past few weeks, and the deadline was today. I got mine taken care of this morning, and I offered to finish hers up for her -- it just needed me to drive around really slowly in a parking lot for what was supposed to just be like 3 miles. Should have taken like 45 minutes. It took almost two hours because Pokemon Go's distance tracking is garbage.

I finally finished it, about half an hour before the deadline... and then the moment I saw the message pop up on the screen, my brain said "done now" and shut off, and...

... I forgot to claim the reward.

I could have handled that mistake if it had been my own game. But I got mine done first... so I got the reward, and instead, the person who got screwed over is the person I love the most, the person who trusted me to help her... she got screwed over through no fault of her own.

I feel so stupid...

I've contacted Niantic Support. I know they at least used to give you one "oops" if you made a mistake, and there's specifically an option in their support form for "missed timed research reward" so I'm hoping that means they'll just fix it for her... Worst case scenario there's a "second chance" event coming up for people who didn't finish it during the time limit, and the second chance doesn't have a time limit.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-21-2023, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote