View Single Post
Two Fish
Elizabeth scowled, her lip quivering. "Even though I am accustomed to your ways here... My grandmother... We have a certain way to deal with our dead. And in our country, it is a family matter. A personal matter. And its extremely -" She sighed, shaking her head. "If you want to see the body. Then I will show you. But I ask for no judgement from your god fearing customs." She turned on the ball of her foot and gestured for him to follow with a long nail beckon.

In the bathroom, Rose, Blanche and Lillian cleaned the blood with ease, licking up every corner of the tub. By the time they heard Elizabeth turning the corner, Blanche was prepared. She closed her eyes, and began breathing deeply through her nostrils. She walked into the master bedroom, still taking breaths that would signal distress. The other two continued to work with no recognition to their third member.

Blanche would do anything for her mistress. She meant it from the moment she gave over her soul. With another suck of breath, she felt the life leaving her animated corpse. Elizabeth drew it out of her from afar. In just a few seconds, Blanche was turned to a burnt crisp of jerky, unrecognizable as any specific human. Her mouth was agape, her skin flaking off in chunks, and her arms crossed over her body ritualistically. And as if on cue, Rose and Lillian made their way into the room. Rose placed herbs on Blanche's chest, Lillian sprinkled a ring of salt around her body. It was timed just so when Elizabeth and Simon would turn into the room, Rose and Lillian would be back in the bathroom, and Blanche would be a perfectly prepared corpse.

"You see?" Elizabeth waved her arm over the delicate body. If it were to be touched, it might crumble into dust. "As I said... She wished for a pagan death ceremony. And I hope that this does not grant me death." She lowered her head, Rose, Lillian and William in the palm of her hand when needed. "This is what she wanted... This is how her mother was cared for, and my own. My mother died a long time ago." In some ways, it was beautiful. The body was delicate, and unrecognizable. It was as if Elizabeth had prepared a body like this before... And she had indeed. It reminded her deeply of Isabel. It stung deep in her chest to see the body. In fact, her eyes welled with sincere tears.
Old Posted 01-01-2018, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote