View Single Post
Ho! Miscreant!
"AND TAKE THE TRASH OUT WITH YOU!" The man bellowing from inside the kitchen looked fat but still had thick muscles from under it from his younger days, he was bald, and had a think brown beard.

Katai just gave him a crooked smile and threw the spatula he was holding at the man. "Yeah, yeah I got it boss. Just shut up and get to cooking already." Orcha was a hardcase but he's been in Katai's life since he was born. If any one else had said that the hot-blooded chef would have a butcher's knife to their throat before they could blink.

Katai himself was a fit young lad of average height but no matter how hard he tried his body refused to really bulk up. The muscle he had though showed and that probably annoyed him the most. The locals knew him and didn't persist too much but the tourist on the other hand...there was always another girl flirting with him like every hour during the tourist season.

The sun was going down, it wasn't going to set for a couple hours but clouds hugged the ocean horizon. The wash of reds, oranges, and a touch of pink was beautiful. Katai never really got tired of it. And despite it being warm the winds today made it feel a little chilly. Days like theses were a mercy when he could wear his black jacket and hide beneath his his hair and collar. It made him look brooding but Katai didn't care so long as he was left alone.

The young man's eyes moved away from his feet and gazed up at the dark blue sky. "huh" It was a falling star, 'I wish I could go explore new places'

By the next block it became a meteor shower. A beautiful one then suddenly a dark spot in the sky lit up. It wasn't a blinding light but it stood out, for a moment, brighter than the north star then dimmed til it was just a little brighter than its neighbors. The occurrences were fascinating but Katai was home and wanted nothing more than to plop down on the couch with the food he brought home and relax to the new Julia Heartilly CD he bought.

Just has he was about to take off his coat though Katai swore he saw movement in the shadows. Despite it being his own living room his instinct from years adventuring in the wild mountains kicked in. The lights were on in the room and he stood ready to cast a spell.

Katai could not have been ready for what he saw though. "What the hell are you?" His question was disregarded as the seemingly limbless being clothed in silvery white stretched...walked forward?

The door was shut, he dare not turn his back to an unknown enemy. He ran to the kitchen and then the creature swung at him! Katai made it to his staff quickly enough to place a knockback mine. The creature was none the wise to the undisguised heiroglyph and stepped right in only to be promptly tossed into the ceiling.

Katai was out the door in time to hear some screaming and sounds of fighting in the neighborhood. The meteor shower was very close now. It looked like bits and pieces were hitting the ground somewhere.

"This is not good."
Last edited by Kenai; 04-09-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old Posted 04-09-2014, 09:59 PM Reply With Quote