View Single Post
Developer
I've already done two complete playthroughs to see both endings and I'm currently working on trying to beat the bonus boss.

People say it's easier than Sans... I disagree. All of Sans's patterns were things I could see how to deal with, even if it took me a couple hundred attempts to deal with them without making mistakes. It was something that could be done through memorization.

This boss... CHAOS, CHAOS! Most of the patterns are either very dense with no obvious route to avoid it, or completely random so you just have to get lucky and not get stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Furthermore, making a mistake against Sans just means taking some damage. Since Sans is 100% an endurance fight, having to heal doesn't interfere with your battle progress.

Making a mistake here... If you're going for the nonviolent win, you can't use the team ACT if one of your party members is busy healing. If you're going for the violent win, turns spent healing are turns not spent dealing damage. In either case, that means having to heal exposes you to more attacks that you then might have to heal from, and you have three times as many HP bars to keep filled.

Furthermore, taking a hit means you can't charge TP for a couple seconds. If you don't have enough TP, you can't use Heal Prayer and you can't use ACT (Kris's ACTs use TP in this fight). And even if you can use Heal Prayer, that's using up the TP you would need to use ACT to get the nonviolent win... but on the other hand, the best way to charge TP is to Defend. If you're going for the violent win you're that much more constrained on TP generation, and if you're going for the nonviolent win then any turn spent doing anything but defending or ACTing means you're not making progress -- and therefore exposing yourself to more attacks.

So if you're a god at dodging bullets, then sure, this boss is easier than Sans. But Sans is a lot more forgiving of minor mistakes along the way.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-02-2018, 11:53 AM Reply With Quote