Thread: Fallout 76
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedMartian View Post
I'll be honest I cringed when I heard it would be online. I wasn't even gonna buy it, buuuut I LOVE Fallout. I even let myself get excited before more details were released and there were only rumors going around about what it would be. I dont know....I figured factions would for sure be a thing and you could join them and maybe even have faction wars. NOPE. None of that. And thats really only the tip of that iceberg.
Factions might be able to arise organically from player interaction rather than something implemented by the game itself.

The online aspect didn't put me off in and of itself, but the problem is that it isn't a Fallout game. It's set in the Fallout universe, sure, but it doesn't play like a Fallout game.

@Espy: FO76 and ME:A both didn't spend enough time in development, this is true, but in both cases I think there was also a matter of too much ambition, not enough attention to business realities, and a stubborn refusal to pivot to the "let's get this ready to ship" phase in time for launch as a result of the other two. The amount of development time would have been sufficient if they had noticed a few months earlier that they weren't going to hit their deadline and they needed to figure out how to turn what they had into a complete game.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM Reply With Quote