View Single Post
Developer
Default   #27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy McBlueEyes View Post
I mean, I managed to get the internet info to show up on my Switch and it's at NAT D, but I don't think I can access the internet to actually change it so all I really can do is maybe turn the router off and on again to see if that fixes it, if I can even find it, buried in the mess of my coworker's office.

It's still pretty infuriating that even though I've got a strong wifi connection, because it's lower than NAT A or B, nintendo's like, "Nah, you can't play"
That's not quite an accurate description of the problem.

When there's a problem with NAT, it means that your Switch can't figure out how to ask your router to let other people connect to you. Your router apparently doesn't use one of the standard mechanisms for that task, or perhaps it's been configured to intentionally prevent letting programs ask for incoming connections.

It's certainly frustrating, but it's not Nintendo's fault.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 12-12-2020, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote