Thread: City Lock Down
View Single Post
Icy Footed
It's strange over here. The state sent out an emergency alert yesterday banning all non-essential interactions for the safety of the public, which JUST CAN'T FOLLOW RESTRICTIONS! x{
So home is where we must stay, and we're only allowed to leave to get food and essentials. Not allowed to go to a DMV, or a Bank, or a Coffee/Tea Shop anymore.
B/ This also means no visitors, family, significant others, or the like. Which is a shame, since my brother's girlfriend won't be over watching movies she hasn't seen before anymore. <B] but it's also fortunate, because now it'll likely force my brother to spend some time with our mom and I.

Worst thing about it is that my grandma might be coming home from the hospital soon, <x/ and I am not really looking forward to having to help take care of her. I feel like she honestly might be taken better care of in the hospital, with better people to help her, and better security. <:[ Although, all hospitals now are starting to get more coronavirus patients and may not be safe for other people anymore. I think they prefer to get her out as soon as possible, so as to not expose her to it. She misses our company, and maybe our food, but I hate to watch her just fade away like this. Her mind is going, along with her ability to do anything for herself. <n> It pains me to see her like that. Though I do my best to smile and joke with her, she just can't seem to remember anything anymore, so she needs constant attention or restraint. She may be very well close to death, and I just hope it comes quickly and painlessly for her. She has requested for no resuscitation and no life-saving surgeries, so if something happens, she's done. I just don't want her to have to die thanks to this pandemic, because from what I hear, it is a terrible way to die. Alone. With little means to even breathe. And without a hope that it'll leave you alive.

Also, I realized the other day that both my dad and brother may be at risk for the virus, as my brother had asthma as a child and my dad had lung surgery about a decade ago. <:{ My mom's at risk too, since she is not the healthiest person, no matter how much I educate her and encourage her to be healthy. I may be at risk, though if I do get it, I'm not dying without a fight! >x{
I did have a nasty flu that lasted nearly half a month last year around this same time, and I nearly fractured my ribs coughing. <x'{ On top of that, I had some bad dysmenorrhea during my periods, so not only was I sick, there was so much pain. <:'c I hated it! So I'm gonna do my part and my damndest not to contract this virus. <x'c If it's WORSE than what I had last year, I don't want it! /8{
I'm trying to fill my body with water,
healthy foods,
avoiding the UNhealthy foods,
wiping down surfaces and things we touch,
washing da hands!,
making sure we have medication in case of emergency,
and I am staying in the house for most of the day, only going in the backyard for exercise. 8T
I got a better chance of not getting sick, and not staying sick if I take care of this stinkin' body of mine.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 03-28-2020, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote