View Single Post
Double Rainbow
Default   #17  
It bugs me to hell that it seems many POC (or at least my black family) think that being called "white" should be an insult.

I was on set with an all-black cast once and the cameraman and a friend of the "director" kept calling me "white girl" and making jokes about my skin being "light".

At first, it made me feel bad... but then I realized. Yeah. I guess if you want to be technical, I AM white. And what's the problem in that?! I never understood why they act like it's a bad thing to be white. As if they are better than me for being more black?

Quote:

...but I'm somehow still cute, dammit... >_<;
You're definitely 1000% cute, Merskelly :)

I didn't realize that gatekeeping is also a huge issue in sexual identity. I used to associate with ace because sexual intimacy... I just didnt like it. But I knew a woman who was always adamant that I wasn't ace because according to her, Ace meant XYZ. (won't get into the details, but I think we all know what those are) and since I still did Y, that that meant I was not ace and would never be ace...
I googled "Asexuality" and showed her that ace can be different things for different people by sharing with her a quote on it.

She quickly tried to backpedal when she realized that she was being .. I'm so so sorry, friends... words escape me right now. But you know what I mean? She was extremely judgmental and unaccepting.

If I'm being really honest here,
I don't see the point in labels... All they do is divide us as a human race.
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 07:50 PM Reply With Quote