Thread: Death
View Single Post
Icy Footed
I'm with bluebird on that whole comforting aspect. <:] Death isn't so scary. Pain and suffering is...also dwelling on when it will come, only scares and worries you more. :c I figure it like a birthday, but as you get older and get used to birthdays, they become less happy and extravagant and lovely the older you get, but a deathday only comes once, and it's probably going to be like the happiest birthday you remember having. <:]
I'd want to celebrate someone's deathday, which you can't do for yourself the day you die, so you would have someone you love to remember you and maybe they continue the celebration after you're gone..that's what I'd want for me...
>->; The idea of death's eventual arrival is something deep and thought provoking. It's kind of distracting from the thoughts that you could be thinking about in the time you have left to live your life. I would just set the thought aside for later, when I'm aging and know I am slowly inching closer and closer toward death. Where I can think about it with more peace, melancholy and clarity.

(And maybe watch The Twilight Zone episode, Nothing in the Dark, which pretty much sums up the fear of mortality and how the inevitable doesn't have to be dreaded. >w> Like, see it, please. It's really sweet and interesting. For serious, one of my favorites!)

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-26-2019, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote