View Single Post
Developer
Default   #9  
I invented this recipe back in college (it's dated 5/13/2004) when I was cooking for my tabletop RPG group:

Four chicken breasts, frozen
Two cans of cream of chicken soup
Taco seasoning, chili powder, oregano, Tabasco sauce, minced onion
Sour cream
Tortillas
Shredded cheese, Mexican blend

Mix one can of cream of chicken soup with the seasonings. (Consider your tastes for how much, but you'll probably use quite a bit of taco seasoning.) Make sure all seasonings are well-blended. Put chicken breasts in a crock pot and add soup mixture. Spread the mixture around some and cook on high heat for three hours. Shred apart chicken with forks and reduce heat to low, cooking for another two hours.

Mix the other can of soup with an equal amount of sour cream. Spread the sour cream mixture in the bottom of a baking pan. Roll the shredded chicken in the tortillas and place in pan over sauce, then sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees until cheese is melted. Serve hot.

I dug it out last week to make it for my family and it was even better than I remembered. :9 That said, don't shortchange the slow cooker too much -- I rushed it by starting with thawed chicken and cooking it on High for two hours instead of a total of five hours, and the texture was tougher and the middle of the chicken wasn't as flavorful. You can probably get away with one hour on high and two hours on low if you start with thawed chicken breasts.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-10-2017, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote