Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Icy Footed
Default   #1707  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
The first job is always the hardest to get, for exactly that reason. Don't let it get you down. Even with a good resume with 10+ years of experience, it can take a couple dozen applications to actually find a job.

For a first job, it can sometimes be necessary to aim really low and get in on the ground floor. Basic customer-service positions like store greeters, cashiers, receptionists, or fast food, or basic grunt work positions like stockers and janitors don't really need much in the way of job experience. Even those basic jobs can make a difference on a resume and the extra income is of course always helpful.
;U; Yehh, I've been looking and applying since 2015...it sucks tho, because I feel like I can't even do the basic stuff, so no one will let me. ;-; I'm starting to think I'm not even applying for myself anymore. I'm not trying to get a job, because I don't want one. I'm not trying to get a job because everyone wants me to get one. ;_; plus, I need money to live on my own so...I guess that's literally the ONLY incentive.

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 02-23-2020, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote