View Single Post
Developer
If it had been a while since I'd posted anything, it'd been even longer since I've written any original music.

https://xmpps.greenmaw.com/~coda/ld46-bgm.mp3

I cannot express the utter joy it was to have something like this come together after such a dry spell. I was trying to make something inspired by Flight of the Bumblebee, since my Ludum Dare game is insect-themed. This is what came out instead. You can still hear it in there, but it went a very different direction.

Amusingly, I didn't start studying music theory in earnest until long after I stopped writing. I've always written intuitively and this piece is no exception, but while I was filling in the harmony I had to take a step back and figure out how the heck it was working. And in the end, I don't quite know enough about analysis and functional harmony to understand what it's doing in a couple places, and I'm the one who wrote it!
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-20-2020, 10:48 AM Reply With Quote