View Single Post
We're all mad here.
OMG I haven't had so much fun reading a book in a long time, but then I've been reading mostly classical gothic horror or younger stuff. Baz is on my list of favourite literary characters now. Not sure if I'll read Wayward Son but I'm picking up Fangirl, mostly out of amusement for the fact that it came before Carry On, so I'd like to see how Rowell expanded the story that started in Fangirl.

I enjoyed the book I think in the same way that fanfiction and such is a guilty pleasure of mine, so in some ways it pretty much fit what I was expecting, but I think the book also has a lot of literary merit with where Rowell takes the characters, focus on them and their internal struggles over what's going on in the world around them, with this nebulous "war" that's happening that they can't really see. At the end of the book, I could appreciate why every point of view character had a point of view.

Also Kaderin, it never hurts to try and honestly, from what I've been looking at and learning the past couple years about work and jobs, actual skill and experience is becoming less important than ability to learn and willingness to try. If you think you have a desire for the work, play up that part. If you don't know how to use a certain program they want you to use, but figure you can work it out, say that too.

Think of the phrase (not sure if I have it exactly right) "Skills can be taught. Passion is innate." Have you ever had to learn on the job before? Did you do it? Mention that. Things like being good enough with the internet to find somewhat you want to know can be worth noting.
Old Posted 01-02-2020, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote