Thread: FusionFall
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #21  
It seems unlikely that it's a computer performance issue, given that the game is from 2009. It can just about run on a potato. It's actually more likely that your computer is too NEW than too OLD.

FusionFall was never the most stable game, and FF Retro is limping along on an ancient (and notably buggy) version of the Unity engine that's shoehorned into a web plugin that doesn't work with any modern browser. The issue you describe was a common thing to hear about even when the game had first-party support.

I tried to get the FF Retro team to let me help, since I'm... y'know, probably a better engineer than anyone they have on staff. But despite my history with the game, they're super jealous of their stuff and they don't want to let anyone see it.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-01-2020, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote