View Single Post
Dragon of Ice
Default   #9  
7. The Diablo Franchise, Blizzard (PC/Mac)

First, I'll go with the story. It explores the conflict between the High Heavens and the Forces of Hell (Prime Evils and their minions) in an attempt to destroy each other which leads a group of both who are weary of the fight to create a place for themselves away from it all named Sanctuary. If you look at it, there are biblical references both obvious and subtle. Basically it is the conflict between good and evil with mankind (the descendants of ancient angels and demons...therefore Nephalem) caught in the crossfire and trying to be swayed to shift the balance of power to one's favor.

Second, the series really draws you into it with the story and the characters. There are those who are fallible and those who exemplify traits and virtues that are exalted as being possessed by heroes. This is to include the Demons and Angels themselves...showing that they are not without fault and therefore can be subject to "weakness" despite what they claim. My basic point is that it makes you think and gets you involved.

One downside (well, in some's eyes) is that the gameplay has evolved and changed quite a bit and become much more dynamic in terms of mobility, timing, and chaining of abilities. I personally enjoy that as it shows what the company is capable of producing and advancing the overall capacity of the game for different styles of play and use of items/gear.

Finally, the universe itself expands beyond the games with books, short stories, and even plenty of fan fiction that has been considered being integrated into the lore/main storyline (or a secondary or tertiary storyline).

Basically...this game is awesome and you will love it. At least that's my opinion.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 02-04-2014, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote