View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post
Vandal Hearts

Turn-based tactical role-playing game.

This could just be nostalgia making me biased, but I loved this game. It's about the only tactical role-playing game I could stand....maybe because of it's story line. It's from the 90's, so while it's graphics aren't the best, it isn't the worst. You can't choose classes of every character or anything, but you can choose what path they take within their classes (they branch off) and, from what I remember, you get two of most/all classes.

It's also one of the first rpgs released for 32bit systems.

(Feel free to disagree with me all you want, but I STILL want to replay this game 17 years later...)

So why should you play this? Story line. STORY LINE. And (this could be good or bad) it's easy to tell what will be effective against what, kind of like rock/paper/scissors....minus the not knowing what the other person is going to pull....though that won't always save you.
If I can ask, how does it compare to Final Fantasy Tactics? I've heard a lot of good things about VH but never gotten around to playing it. FFT is pretty much my gold standard for RPG stories.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-29-2014, 03:48 AM Reply With Quote