View Single Post
Queen of Typoes
we're finally not all that understaffed - i think we still are friday afternoons though. yeesh. i mean, i know there's a "retail formula" that tells you based on what you made during this week last year, how much your forecast is for this year, and based on that forecast here's now many hours you get for cashiering, and the floor, and framing.... and then the manager has to divide that up throughout the week and the employees, and then we end up with four people (manager, 2 cashiers, framer) in the middle of a friday afternoon and we get a ton of customers.

oh, and it's not always adjusted for the same weeks either. i believe Week 1 is like the first full week in march or something like that. so that if easter one year was early (say, end of march - Week 4) and then late one year (say, mid April - Week 7) they're now comparing Week 4 where there was no sales on that sunday to a day that's open. and in Week 7, you're expected to do $1000 worth of business, but you don't make forecast because you're closed on Easter... yeah. it's messy.

in other book news - i requested a book be purchased last month (pretty sure it was last month), but then i ended up getting a copy of the book....and the library still ordered it. and now it's ready for me to pick it up, so i guess i ought to go "check it out" and then drop it outside in the book drop for them to check back in in another three days XD

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-15-2020, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote