View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
{Poles}
Josef tipped his own glass back seeing Rin down his in one go. If there was anything he hated, it was being one upped. His, however, tasted nice, so there was no following cringe, just the flashing feeling of it beginning to set in. The sugars in his drinks didn't do anything to keep the alcohol from setting it in. On the contrary, it seemed to speed it up. That, and he'd been emaciated in the hive with no alcohol save for that one night they thought it'd be fun to bring out the wine... “Ehm, me too, please,” he said setting down his glass on the bar.

Josef shot a look at Rin seeing some of his true colors, if only for a moment. “More than human? You saying something like them? You really want to be like that?” Josef had his head tilted as if confused, “Think of it. You'd never die...you'd just go on being tired all the time, seeing more and more of the world's horrors. Nah man, count me out. One lifetime is enough, I don't need several.”

Josef sighed at the fact that Grim couldn't, or [i]wouldn't[/b], know the word “carpenter,” and was actually somewhat amazed that he wasn't happy for another artisan, especially given the looks of all of these places. He could see improvements needing to be made everywhere, surely if they had any they'd be overworked. Josef tried to keep a disappointed look when Rin gave his acceptance and turned to Jon's direction walking over to the aforementioned man away from the cheers.

“Hey, are you Jon? I was told I could ask you about work. I've got some experience with building, would you have me?”
{Holes}
“Well yeah,” Lydia responded, “It's easier having it given to you than scrounging for it out there.” She tossed her head as if she were gesturing to the entirety of the wasteland surrounded them. “And if it's hard to feed a human, imagine how hard it is going to be for a vampire. If you think they're going to let you go feral, you're dead wrong about that.”

Lydia placed her forearms on her knees letting her fingers hang low and she looked straight ahead, “Wouldn't know. Haven't had a neighbor yet that's lasted for more than a few hours. Never really got a good look. Down the hall I know there was another vampire once, but I haven't heard anything from or about them for a few days so it's hard telling. Shit gets insane in here on a full moon though, so brace yourself for that one if you last long enough.”
Old Posted 12-14-2017, 02:37 AM Reply With Quote