View Single Post
A*DIC*TED
Default   #47  
"You're aiming low, and once again not seeing the big picture. This could be your gateway to bigger and better things. Yes, being an assassin isn't glamorous work, but don't try to tell me it is any less noble to kill the enemies of the empire than it is to steal the jewelry of the nobility. Do your job well and you'll be rewarded handsomely. The king will create a reason for you to be in the palace, which means you'll be elevated to nobility, has that not sunk in yet? You may not have had a choice in the matter, but you do have a choice now. Give up and die in the dungeons like you would have eventually anyway, or succeed and reach heights you had only previously imagined. You keep looking at this as a punishment instead of an opportunity... and I can't understand that." The knight stood up a little straighter and put a belt about her waist. "Do you think you'll spend your time in the king's employee sleeping on the floor and eating kitchen leftovers? Have an eye for tomorrow."

Joane was trying to keep her temper in check, but the longer this went on the more she was sure the noble that had "gifted" him to the king had done it as an act of sabotage. "How did you evade capture for so long if you're this bad at keeping quiet? Or were you paid to get caught?"
Answer my riddle to earn a prize!

You'll always feel it, but can never see it. It's strong but shatters easily. You can give it away but never hold it. What is it?

Pm me the answer, no cheating please!
Old Posted 11-26-2017, 03:09 AM Reply With Quote