View Single Post
Desolation Denizen
Not expecting Dafie to speak out of turn, Astra eyed her askance. She had a rather good feeling why the elf was making that particular request, and suspected she'd made it in front of the lord specifically to push her toward acquiescing.

ASTRA: Sending, target Dafie. -7 Spell Points.

Really, Dafie? In front of the lord? If I get one report of missing valuables, I'm docking your salary for a month. But yes.

As she thought in the woman's direction, silent spellcraft giving voice to the unuttered, Astra likewise addressed their hosts to avoid any awkwardness.

ASTRA: Spot 1d20+3 = 8. Does not notice Godiva's glance.

"I'm sure that would be amenable, yes? We'll be moving back and forth for a few hours getting all of our equipment on-site, so Dafie can always contact us if anything important comes up in the interim." She ended in a questioning tone, looking to Lord Nosya.

"Yes, of course, you've free rein to come and go as you please. The more the people see of your company, the better, I'd imagine."

"Well, in that case," Astra replied, stepping forward and tugging off her right glove, "It is my honor to enter your service, Lord Nosya." She ascended the two steps to his dais and extended a dainty, pale hand to him. Somewhat taken aback, he fumbled to match the gesture, his own grip gentle as a man who had never lifted a sword, a sincere smile breaking across his features as she sealed their contract with a firm shake.

"It is my honor to receive you, Commandress." Then, after a second and an awkward, sliding glance, "And you as well, Dannaphine. Be welcome in Myrshal, and within my home."

Old Posted 07-25-2018, 03:45 AM Reply With Quote