View Single Post
The Illusionist
Default   #33  
I imagine that if they removed the two, they would change the game accordingly. Your talking about how the game as is wouldn't work since they designed parts of the game behind those two mechanics. Granted Zelda has worked for years without weapon durability or a stamina meter.

I feel like I'm constantly holding onto my better weapons like elixirs from Final Fantasy for that eventual fight that may never happen. Not to mention there is a rock, paper, scissor formula in the game and if you don't have the right weapon your screwed with the monsters that can knock your hearts down to 1 in one hit because "balance." They break way to easily even when I do use them, and I'm way too restricted with inventory sizes. Needless to say once I get fun weapon I like it's destroyed moments later and it's pointless to go hunt for it again. Not to mention these weapons were probably made by the worst blacksmiths ever known to Hyrule, probably made out of duct tape and foam.

It's really bullshit. I can pass off the Stamina meter for few instances, but when you spend a long time trying to climb a mountain and just a wee bit off, it's a pain in the ass to climb back up again. Or worse it rains and your already there but fall down because you slip then can't make it the rest of the way up and then fall. And once you do about 20 shrines to get the Stamina meter to a point I consider a respectful amount, I'm still easily restricted to a lot of the same problems I had before, but now Link isn't tired out over nothing.

I like the game for so many reasons, but I also have a con for every positive as well. By far one of the better games I've played in the past few years, but it's hardly in my top 5 favorite Zelda games. (1 Majoras Mask > 2 A Link to the Past > 3 Twilight Princess > 4 Wind Waker > 5 A Link Between Worlds)

Last edited by Illusion; 03-14-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old Posted 03-14-2017, 02:00 PM Reply With Quote