View Single Post
Forward Thinker
Default Update! Avatar Editor   #1  
Hey everybody! As promised A week and a half ago, I have a preview for my planned big update to the Avatar Editor!

And it's 90% functional! The only missing features are things that the current standard editor already doesn't do, so it's not a step back. I just don't want to make it official until I've had time to get feedback about styling, and make some proper (non-generic-icon) button symbology.

Oh yeah, and make sure more items sort properly into their categories. I'll primarily be focusing on that a bit for a while next.

The Avatar Editor

It has a different (less strange) url from the original editor, so if you want to compare this with the old, you can just click your avatar up top.

Main implemented features:
  • Shares all inventory display logic with the standard (new) Inventory page
    • Searching
    • Find any item with a hat (or anything else), not just commons
    • Items are grouped as they are in shops, and duplicates stack.
    • Equipped items show up as separate entries in the inventory list, are marked, and show what pose they are using.

• Outfit closet
    • At present you may save up to 4 outfits in your closet, which you can put onto your working avatar at any time.
    • Each outfit also saves gender, skin color, and facing data

• More streamlined gender + skin selection

Planned features:
  • Avatar facing: Choose face in (default), out, always left, or always right. This was done in the WIP editor I had made a while back, and is fully supported in this editor, I just don't have the UI configured for it yet. Implemented June 11
  • Body slicing: Hide arms, legs, torso from your selected base skin. Make it easier to use body mods!
  • More closet slots: Slots will be purchasable with aurum or runes. The first 4 are free. Cost TBD.
  • Search by tag
  • Customizable filter tabs
  • All free items will be automatically present

Known Issues:
  • A fair number of headings lack styling (too small, too plain, not clear)
  • The placement of buttons around the working/preview avatar is a bit off
  • The closet doesn't allow renaming outfits currently
  • Many items don't currently appear in the Body, Gear, and Scene categories
  • Several visual components have issues with their styling (such as the separator bar that just stops at some point)
  • Header avatar doesn't refresh on save (Have to hit F5/cmd+R to see change)
  • Layer manager doesn't show specific pose icons

My current intention is to have both the Editor and Inventory pages complete and launched as the official versions on July 1.

I am, of course, happy to hear feedback, suggestions, and ideas regarding the editor, be it styling, implementation details, or just idle thoughts. :D
Old Posted 05-27-2020, 11:27 PM