Thread: The Daily Awful
View Single Post
Double Rainbow
Default   #1997  
I finally found all of my old manga in a box I didn't think to look in!
It was great seeing my old books again...

*tw* p*dophila mentioned

But I feel strange about my Azumanga Daioh manga... The casual p*dophilia is hard to read, especially how they kinda make jokes about it. I didn't realize it as a kid, but now that I'm an adult... It kinda ruins the whole thing for me. :(

I've been super excited about Inuyasha as well... but the character Miroku kinda gives me a sick feeling as well. The way he basically sexually assaults/harasses young women... It makes me very uncomfortable and I usually have to speed through any scenes involving him and young women. I guess it's because I've been in situations like that where a guy just randomly touches you and you have no control of it and all you can do is try to move away.

It brings back... not very good memories and that SUCKS because Inuyasha used to be my absolute favorite anime. I kid you not, I watched that show religiously. I bought all the Inuyasha movies on blu-ray! I have a Sesshōmaru wall scroll! I pretty much bought the first two seasons of Inuyasha on those crappy DVDs that only give you four episodes at a time because the show was still airing on Adult Swim!

I loved that show. A lot of my life revolved around it...

But it feels... tainted now? The fun I used to have while watching it is kinda... soiled? I feel like I have to speed through a lot of the Miroku scenes and that kills me because he's in almost ALL the episode. >:
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 09-21-2020, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote