View Single Post
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #11  
I went out once just because I never had before and I wanted to see what it was like. Didn't bother trying to get anywhere right when the stores open, and I didn't want anything in particular, so it was just unpleasant and busy and insane. And I worked it a couple of times at Target, which was also kind of crappy, but I worked in Fashions which people weren't generally rushing to buy so mostly I had to deal with picking up the incredibly random merchandise people were leaving all over the place (I found a guitar in the middle of Shoes... wtf?) and cleaning up spilled coffee, since I swear every two minutes somebody would spill more coffee.

I'm INCREDIBLY thankful I'm not working retail this year, and I don't plan on going out on Black Friday at all. I really hate how hysterical people get over just buying stuff. I'm pretty poor this Christmas, so I'm making some of my presents and just in general not going very overboard with it, and it continues to astonish me how many people feel like they have to put themselves into debt for Christmas. If your loved ones really love you they won't care that you didn't spend thousands of dollars buying them shiny electronics.
Old Posted 11-11-2012, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote