View Single Post
Developer
Default   #2843  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
ngl i wonder whether it's because i was a gifted kid-- whether that caused me to go undiagnosed for a long time, because schools don't think there's anything wrong with someone that overperforms to try and meet expectations of them, or because it wasn't spotted early enough to be of concern.
The same thing happened to me. Everyone knew I was a gifted kid; I was sitting in a 3rd grade class when I was 6 years old. I wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until I was 10, but by then I'd been held back just because even though I could keep up with the work I wasn't getting the social development I needed because I wasn't in classes with kids my own age.

In my experience, a lot of it is just that a kid that doesn't cause trouble doesn't get the extra attention needed to identify a problem.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-14-2020, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote