View Single Post
Developer
Rewrote a past chapter. Click here to read it.

SUBJECT: Return of the Robot Masters?
AUTHOR: Patty Leonardo
DATE: September 23, 20XX
FORMAT: Video

"Welcome back to The Patty Leonardo Show!" The talk show hostess smiles brightly at the camera focused on her, which is an unusual way for this particular show to resume from a commercial break. "I've got the honor to welcome a very special guest today, someone unlike any other guest we've had on the show before."

The camera finally zooms out to make the dramatic reveal: a bulky blue robot whose head is integrated into his torso, with three silvery spikes on top of his head, large pauldrons covering his shoulders, and a long, narrow spike coming out of what looks like Mega Man's buster barrel on each arm instead of hands.

"Let's give a hand to Needle Man!"

The audience's applause is half-hearted at first, but a meaningfully worried smile from Patty prompts the proper stage applause that her guests usually receive.

Needle Man seems bashful, averting his eyes. "Um... Thank you, Patty."

"No, thank you, Needle Man, for coming on the show to talk about what's going on in the world of robots today. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?"

"I wouldn't think I would be anyone special. I'm just a miner." He gestures to the spikes on his head with one of the spikes he has for a hand. "I break up rocks underground to help with excavation. I'm pretty good at it, and the way my armor is built keeps me safe from anything that might fall on me. But that's about it, really."

"Hard-working robots like you deserve everyone's appreciation. You do a good job and you provide a service that benefits everyone." Needle Man seems even more bashful for a moment, but Patty follows up with a leading question. "But you've been seeing some trouble recently, haven't you?"

Needle Man sighs. "Yeah. I haven't lost my job like some robots have, but people get afraid around me. They say I'm a Robot Master! I mean I know I have 'Man' in my name and I guess I can see how I sort of look like Air Man... and... I guess maybe I do look scary, what with the spikes and all... But I'm not a bad guy! I've never hurt anybody! I even have a hobby!"

Patty gives him a sympathetic nod. "So you've seen the Robot Master fear in action first-hand."

"It's not fair! It's not like there aren't other robots that are dangerous. I heard that the original military prototype from Light Labs showed up and attacked Dr. Light, even!"

"To... be fair... Proto Man is a Robot Master."

"Oh." Needle Man is momentarily speechless. "Yeah. I... I guess I should have known that. But still, that's scary stuff. When real Robot Masters are attacking, why go after us industrial types?"

"That's what we all need to be asking ourselves. I know that the rumor is that the Robot Masters are hiding among civilian robots, but turning on innocent robots is unfair and damaging. That's why I wanted to bring you on my show, Needle Man, to show the world that you're not a threat."

"Thank you, Patty..." Needle Man doesn't seem too comforted, but he sounds honest. "I appreciate that."

"You're welcome, Needle Man. It was great to get to meet you." Patty turns to the camera. "And that's all the time we have for today! Thanks for watching, and tune in next time!"
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-02-2018, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote