View Single Post
Developer
SUBJECT: Pull it together, Rock!
AUTHOR: Roll [DLN-002]
DATE: September 20, 20XX
FORMAT: Holovid + Telemetry

"Seriously, Rock, I'm trying to help you here." Mega Man's younger sister sounds annoyed, but there's a certain underlying tone of compassion. "Just let me TALK to you."

"Roll, you don't even know why I'm upset," Rock retorts, his fist clenched in frustration.

"I know more than you think I do. I've been paying attention. I know that you're not happy with the fighting from earlier this year. I know you're worried about it happening again. I know it hurts to have people criticizing you on TV. I know Dr. Light hasn't even tried to help you."

"Oh, he tried." Rock glances down at Rush. "He just doesn't have a clue what he's doing."

"Look, I'm not blaming you for being upset with him. I'm worried about him too. He's been throwing himself into his work and not talking to anyone. I think the things that have been going on are bothering him more than he lets on."

"So what am I supposed to do about it?"

Roll is quiet for a moment. "I'm sorry, Rock... I... don't know."

"And that's why I didn't want to talk about it."

"Stop being so stubborn!"

Rock frowns at his sister.

"I mean it, Rock. Just because I don't have an answer for you doesn't mean you shouldn't talk to me. You don't have to do everything by yourself."

Rock's expression softens. "I appreciate it, Roll. I really do."

"I know you'll do the right thing in the end. You're a good person. Trust your instincts."

"But my instincts don't agree with each other!"

"And that's why you need to talk to people. Even if I can't solve your problems for you, talking to people will help you work through that. But if it helps... I think you've been doing the right thing."

"It... does help. Thanks, Roll."

"That's what I'm here for. Now stop avoiding me!"

SUBJECT: Re: Robot Master Tracking Status
AUTHOR: Thomas X. Light
DATE: September 20, 20XX
FORMAT: Plain Text

I can't believe it! I think I've identified the unknown energy signature! If I add in the emission spectrum of the prototype micro-fusion reactor, it lines up almost perfectly with Proto Man's archived signature. The extra spectral lines must be some sort of alternative power source. Does this mean that Proto Man has been reactivated? And if so, how?

I sincerely hope it's him. I miss Blues terribly. I look forward to meeting him again and trying to make up for lost time. My lost son is coming home...
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-26-2018, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote