View Single Post
Developer
Default   #49  
SUBJECT: Re: Snake Man - Encounter Log
AUTHOR: Rock [DLN-001]
DATE: September 13, 20XX
FORMAT: Holovid + Telemetry + Annotations

Rock is standing in front of Dr. Light in Mega Man armor without his helmet, a dark scowl on his face. Dr. Light for his part is also wearing blue equipment -- he has a metallic pack of sorts strapped to his back, with glowing blue cables running down his left arm and wrapping around his wrist, terminating in some sort of emitter clasped around his palm. He seems calm, almost upbeat even, despite the attitude his son is displaying.

"Dr. Light, this is serious! Dr. Wily has deployed another set of Robot Masters already! And they're hidden in plain sight, mixed in with all of the other robots! We can't even tell where they are unless you do something!"

Dr. Light shakes his head. "Calm down, Rock. We don't know that there's a threat."

"Not a threat? Snake Man went out of his way to find me, talk to me, and... Dr. Light, were you watching my telemetry?"

"I'm... sorry, since you weren't in your armor I didn't think there would be a problem, so I was working."

Mega Man scowls again. "Snake Man said he wasn't doing anything wrong. He said we were on the same side. He said I was a Robot Master and I killed his brothers. And Snake Man isn't the only one saying these kinds of things."

"It still doesn't sound like there's a threat. Albert was never really a BAD person. His first attack was to teach a lesson, and humanity learned from it. His second attack didn't hurt anyone at all."

"I can't believe you're DEFENDING him!" Rock stares in disbelief.

Dr. Light shakes his head. "I worked with him for years. I'm sure he's only trying to help. His newest Robot Masters aren't causing any trouble. And you said they're mixed in with other robots. That means they're getting along, doing a good job, being part of society. And isn't that what we've always wanted? A bright future for humans and robots together!"

"I can't BELIEVE you!" Mega Man stomps his metal foot. "He's a terrorist!"

"He's a SCIENTIST. We have to hope for the best!"

"I thought being a scientist meant looking at the facts and drawing conclusions from the evidence."

"It means that, too, but why run experiments, if not to try to achieve results?"

Mega Man picks his helmet up from the table, firmly slamming it down onto his head. "Well, you can trust Dr. Wily as much as you want. I'M going to be ready for a fight."

Dr. Light sighs softly, turning away a little. "I thought you didn't want to fight, Rock. And I don't want to fight, either."

"I DON'T want to fight. I don't want to keep killing other robots. But if that's what it takes to protect justice, then do I really have a choice?"

The white-haired scientist shakes his head. "You always have a choice. Just like everyone else. Albert has a choice, too. I hope he makes the right one."

"You just... don't get it."

"Try to have some faith in this old man, Rock."

Mega Man stays silent for a long moment. "I'll... try."

SUBJECT: Blue Light Projector
AUTHOR: Dr. Thomas Light
DATE: September 13, 20XX
FORMAT: Schematics + Annotations

Dr. Light's Blue Light Projector is a very different design from Dr. Wily's Green Light Projector. It's more compact, with its power source fitting in a backpack, and the emitter has been designed to fit onto the wearer's hand. The schematics show an adaptation of the Variable Tool System, using blue light drawn from the power bank to create any desired tool out of the light and operate it.

The annotations suggest that Dr. Light hasn't quite figured out why it works better for himself than for anyone else he's asked to test it. Roll has been able to get some nominal effect out of it but she gets better results with her own built-in Variable Tool System. A human employee from Light Labs was noted as being able to produce a screwdriver and a hammer, but power tools would fail to operate.

Another note observes that calculations of the energy density of the power bank indicate that there may be no lower bound on how small a blue light capacitor may be without losing efficiency, and while there is a projected upper bound on how much energy a capacitor of a given size can store, the current implementation is coming nowhere close to the theoretical limits.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 02-20-2018, 11:30 AM Reply With Quote