View Single Post
Truthwatcher
Default   #123  
Ironically, I don't mind forests that much. (Being in them is relaxing, off-trail walking around, not so much.) I really like hiking as long as the trails are well cleared. But there 100% had to be at least 1 layer of clothing between myself and any plants. I have been known to go hiking wearing a long sleeve shirt AND a jacket in the middle of the summer. It's sort of immersion therapy in a way. But I will not touch any of the plants if I can avoid it. (Plus it helps that a lot of the areas around here are mainly grass, small shrub, and trees. Although there is a wide variety of plants and flowers too I suppose...)
Doing Derpy adventures actually helps a lot because it becomes like a challenge. How good of a picture can I get of Derpy with x plantlife without having to actually touch anything?
As for urban/city settings. Eh. I like the fact that I can usually buy snacks at any hour and I can order pizza relatively late if I want to, but I'm not a fan of the people or traffic. The general noise of cities isn't terrible here, but the yelling people at 2am is obnoxious.
So I could do fine with or without it. Although I will say, I did find the fairly steady traffic of Denver almost soothing the one year I was there for attempt #1 of college. So in the right city maybe I'd like ot better.
Also, we have too many virgina creeper plants on light poles and stuff around here for my taste. XP
Old Posted 07-06-2018, 05:48 AM Reply With Quote