Thread: Games by Coda
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #105  
I would strongly advise working with someone you already know. Hopefully the time constraints of the jam setting will help keep you on task. Working with someone you don't know well isn't going to work as well because you really need to know each other's skills and you need to not get distracted by interpersonal issues.

As for hosting... For Ludum Dare, lots of people just use Google Drive or Dropbox. This is where my team usually deploys our builds, although for this last one I used my own website. The Ludum Dare site itself provides a place to put screenshots and descriptions and stuff, so you don't really need much more than that.

If it's a web-based game, you'll need to find a host, though. Don't be That Guy and pick a site that runs ads, because some game hosting sites stick 30-second unskippable ads in front of games and nobody wants to sit through that. itch.io seems reputable. Kongregate is rather annoying.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote