Thread: Games by Coda
View Single Post
Pixel Gremlin
Ahh, I must have been reading about the compo when I saw that.

And as far as the deadline for practicing, I know I work better when I have a set time it has to be done by. Getting a working, fairly fun game out in 72 hours seems like a fairly daunting task on it's own, at least for me. But I think having someone else to work with would make things infinitely easier.

The issue I have with that is...It's never worked? And I know why, it's because I was too close with the people I was working with and all the time we tried to put into the game or whatever project spiraled into Reddit and Youtube. But, at the same time, I have a hard time trusting people I don't know anything about, so I'd feel weird just going on a forum or subreddit and asking if anyone is looking for a team. Do you have any advice on finding team members, where to look and how to go about choosing them?

Also, in regards to releasing games, would you recommend something like itch.io or Kongregate for hosting, or your own website? I'd personally go with the latter, but I'm not sure if it's even necessary at first.
Old Posted 04-25-2018, 01:04 PM Reply With Quote