View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
As barbarous as the woman was, she was grateful for the break and the early dismissal. Upon her retreat, she relayed the information to Nanika who shook her head and squeezed the bridge of her nose with a sigh waving Chidi off to her quarters. Chidi flopped on her bed, feeling the warmth of the sun on her bareback streaming in through the window. Her appointment with the bard had given her some extra time, and that time was going to be allocated to a nap. Still, she couldn't help but feel guilty that Nanika would have to worry about dealing with that woman.

Nanika approached Tritonia's table, crouching down to pick up the mug setting it down angrily on one of her carvings. "I hope you realize that you will be leaving enough money to compensate for a new table," she said frankly. "Is this supposed to be Chidi's likeness? Pray tell, what did she say to make you loathe her so much? She is as confused as I am on the matter."
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 02:41 AM Reply With Quote