View Single Post
It's over 9000!
Default Miz and rose, <M?>   #1  
MAY CONTAIN MATURE THEMES,
at some point,
in the future... maybe.

A woman with long straight black hair walked in through the throne room doors. Her head held high and her crystal blue eyes shone with dignity. She was beautiful in every sense of the word. Her gown flowing softly as she walked up to the throne.
"Your Majesties," she said in a clear voice "You requested my presence?"
"Yes, we've heard rumors..." The king began
"Rumors that you have seen something, Seer, and haven't told us." The Queen cut in. She seemed highly upset even though she was normally the more level headed of the two. Her emerald eyes shiny in the bright lights of the throne room. She look like she was in perfect health even thought she had had a child not even three days ago.
"Yes, I've seen something. Yet it was unclear. Something blurred my vision. I know not what it is that I saw. I've been trying to recall it... but it has yet to come back to me. I'm sorry my queen."
"What is it that you remember?" The queen hissed harshly. "There must be something"
The seer studied her queen silently for a moment. No one knew what kept her from answering right away, but she seemed to be waiting for something.

"My Queen, your daughter is in good health I assume. I heard she was quite a beauty...." She paused again her eyes seeming to look far away "...The thing I saw my Queen...You will not enjoy. Death and destruction. Fires and pain. The only hope for your people in a tight bundle in a cradle, but it most not remain here. Your kingdom will fall. As you will with it. Your people in chains. Your daughter..." Her eyes fluttered over the cradle by the throne "... Two must take her far from this land. She will know nothing of us or you. Until she is old enough and strong enough to save us from the dark."

"What?" the Queen stood her voice a high shrill "You expect me to give up my daughter?!"

"....There is no other way to save your people... The Dark is coming. She will rule. You will fall." She bowed her head and waited.

"But who should we trust with our daughter?" The King spoke softly.

The seer thought of this and looked at her leaders.
"A young couple... One you trust. Make them promise you to watch after your daughter. They may say no at first but explain to them... Tell them what I've said. You have.... till the full moon raises into the northern sky.... that night will be our end" She bowed her head once more and turned to leave. She knew they needed nothing else from her. She started to walk away with a fear in her heart. She saw her death. She knew she could not save herself. She just kept hope for the future.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The sun was high in the sky and shiny brightly over Asui's family home. There were no roads to there house, and no neighbors to speak off. They lived in a nice quaint little valley surrounded by mountains. No way in or out unless you could fly or knew the hidden entrance. Her parents never explained why they lived there, but what more could she want? They were safe and happy.
The nearest town was nearly 150 miles away and they only traveled there when they really needed too. They grew everything else, or hunted what they needed for food. Right now Asui's sister was down by their lake playing in the water while trying to keep from doing her daily duties. Their father was out in the yard tending to their crops. Their mother was singing in the kitchen as she made lunch. Asui herself was out back hanging the clothes. The perfect little family, and they were hoping for another brother or sister soon.
Asui's bright green eyes scanned over the forest in front of her. She thought something was out there. Watching. Waiting. Yet she couldn't be sure. Her beautiful red hair, slightly wavy today, fell over her shoulder as she reach down for another shirt. She was well built and dressed in earthy tones and clothes that allowed her to move easily. She loved her peaceful life, and would tell anyone that. Yet something was missing, and she could never quite put her finger on it.
That is when Asui heard the scream. Loud and filled with pain, and without a doubt from her sister. There was nothing dangerous in this valley. Her father had made sure that they would be safe. They were always extra careful. She never knew why... Her sister screamed again bringing her from her thoughts. She was already running. Turning around the house. Her mother grabbed her by the arm and pulled her in the house. A bag was shoved into her arms. It was heavier then she remembered it being last time she held it. They practiced leaving in a rush before. She was always told that she would have this bag. Always. No matter what her parents would give it to her somehow. And now she looked into her mothers eyes and saw pure fear.
"Mo-" She began but she was cut off
"Shhh!" Asui was dragged through their house and out the back door.

They ran silently through the forest soon they would split up. Asui felt terror building up in her. She never thought they would have to do this. She remember the plans as her mother whispered something to her so softly that she almost didn't catch it.
"We'll meet at that special place. If I'm not there in the time limit you know what to do. I love you..."
And with that her mom switched course. Leaving her on her own. She would be alright. She would. She had to believe that or all of this would be for nothing.
Even at the distance from their little home Asui heard her fathers screams. She didn't want to think about it, but deep down she knew it was just her and her mother now. She hoped that she would meet her like she said. Yet her words had felt like a goodbye. Tears started streaming down her face, but she forced herself to keep moving. Pushed past tree after tree until she could almost see the way out. She was tired and scared. Thats when the last scream hit her ears. Her mothers voice. It was ringing loudly in her ears. She thought she heard "Not My Baby" but she wasn't sure if that was possible. Sobs locked themselves in her throat and she pushed through the hiding place of the way out. She locked the door behind her, but she knew it wouldn't matter. It was well hidden and her path couldn't be traced. She had been taught well... but little mattered now. She had lost it all....
Old Posted 07-20-2012, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote