View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Chidi did as she was told, setting the mug down without any great deal of force, taking her seat. The woman saw right through the facade. She was sure her other patrons did as well, but none were so forward about it. They all knew that she was there to please. Her smile, as ordered, faded immediately. Wondering what kind of facial expression she should use in its stead, she let her face melt to the one that felt most natural for the circumstances - a ruddy scowl.

"Alright, then. You're very good at stating obvious fact that people don't generally feel the need to say, I see," Chidi kept her posture straight, her hands folded neatly in her lap. "So you're a hero, then? Are you the type to regale your whores with marvelous tales of your adventures, or just one to say that you've had them without the stories?" The threat of the smile began to curl her lips, but she quickly repressed it, looking steadily at the bard who had yet to give her name. She just wants to stare at me? she found herself wondering, That is...unusual.
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Last edited by sylvanSpider; 05-07-2018 at 01:07 AM.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote