Thread: X
View Single Post
Icy Footed
I'd like to thanks Ava for the trigger warning, and for sharing. <:[ It's a very hard thing to do. I know firsthand.
Though I didn't read any of it, I'm sorry to say. <-<;
Tbh the whole topic brings back a whole lot of bad memories,
involving a whole lot of self-blame, shame, embarrassment, ruined self-esteem, declining self-worth, and regret.
It's not something I'm too keen on sharing myself, so you'll forgive me if I don't. But I saw this here and I'm reminded that it was because I started to reach out that I began to feel more like a valued person, and like myself again. I hope you know that you have summoned the greatest strength by sharing, and that you are closer to healing for doing so.
My experience is no worse or better than anyone else's, though I tend to want to play it down a lot, like it wasn't a big deal, because I know others have been through so much worse, and for so much longer than I had. But years ago, in the thick of it, it almost destroyed me, so...it kind of was a big deal I guess..
<-<; ...maybe I'd be more open to sharing later on..but it's in the air at the moment..

^^^Click to go to my pond hangout^^^ ^^^ Click to go to my frickin' art shop ^^^

Old Posted 09-27-2019, 09:50 PM Reply With Quote