Thread: The Mainstream.
View Single Post
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #5  
I don't really care what is or isn't mainstream. I guess I sort of have my own stream to go down? It's not intentional - I don't purposely look at what's popular, then go against it - but it's more like I don't really know what's going on because I'm on my own path. Music is a big example of that. I've said on numerous occasions that I tend to be about five years behind music trends. I'll like a song and find out it's five or more years old, but it's new to me because I had no idea what was going on. Because I was busy listening to stuff on another station and I just missed it, I guess.

It's like that with pretty much everything, though. I just don't have the time or awareness to really know what's going on as it's going on, and then I have to catch up to the mainstream (or at least a part of it) in order to understand it.

I kind of think this method is more genuine. As much as people might object, I think a lot of what they think and do and feel is affected by the mainstream - what other people are doing. They're either going with it or against it, but either way they're doing something in reaction to something else. If you ignore the mainstream, you might come out five years late but at least you'd probably feel like what you're feeling/thinking/assuming is less biased. xD

Last edited by johnny; 02-20-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old Posted 02-20-2011, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote