View Single Post
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
♚ Sample I

Quote:
This is the first post I wrote for the 'Solemn High' RP on the site-that-must-not-be-named. I was actually quite proud of this post, so I decided to post it here in my portfolio.

A few things to note: this may be the first post by me in the rp, but it is a reaction to a few things that happened in another post that came before I posted. His instructor threw kendo swords at them, and two, they are demons and each have certain powers. His instructor has control of fire magics, I.E. the sparks that he reacts to is something she did to get the students attention, and the kendo stick stopping in front of him is the result of his telekinetic abilities.

------------------------------------------

Punctual was one word to describe him, though it was something completely different when he was the first one there about an hour before the club activities were supposed to even begin. In fact, Ms. Blake, the teacher who had started the club, hadn't even arrived herself.

It had been just the other day that Gabriel had mentioned to the red-headed instructor that he had been in a kendo club at his old school. Of course, he had to quit that along with many other activities before he began his study here at Solemn High, and he was just a little disappointed upon arrival that no such club had been formed. He assumed this was one of the reasons that the teacher had decided to start this club herself, though there must have been a few other factors, considering the word of just one student wouldn't be enough to set up the battle room for practice.

So there he in the middle of the battle room in meditation. It had been a deep meditation at first, but about forty-five minutes later, some of the students had already started showing up, along with Ms. Blake herself.

He waited as the other students chatted amongst themselves, and didn't even look the instructors way when he heard loud sparks she used to grab the attention of the students, a younger student next to him jumped at the sound, and Gabriel only scratched the side of his head in response.

After looking over the other students in the room, he assumed that very little of them had actually been in a club like this before. There were a lot of them though, he hadn't realized there would be this much interest in such a club at all.

It was then that just a glance stopped the wooden sword about half a foot in front of him. Staring at it for a moment, he adjusted his black-framed glasses, then reached to take the motionless object out of the air.

Icy blue eyes darted to the right as a second year asked if he would practice with them. He looked the younger girl over for a moment, and decided it would be alright. They were supposed to change partners every few minutes anyway, and he hoped somewhere along the line he would find a more challenging student to spar with. He already assumed that he would be one of the two students sparring with Ms. Blake at the end of the 'meeting' anyway.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a red-haired student catching a wooden kendo sword. Testamente, that was his name. The other student was in the same class as him, and he wondered if the other had been trained with a sword. Maybe he would get a chance to test out the other after a few sparring matches with some of the younger students.

He didn't really know Testamente very well, but they had had a few assignments to do together, both being hunters and all. The other man was arrogant and self centered, but for some reason, Gabriel liked him. This was very uncommon, considering Gabriel really didn't have much of an impression of any of the students. He usually kept to himself and rarely made connections with the others. Cold was a word that he had heard people describe him as, though that wasn't really the case. Truth was, Gabriel was actually quite shy, and that was the real reason that kept him from making such connections.

After practicing with some of the other students, he started to grow a bit bored with them. His assumption at the beginning of the club meeting was obviously right, a lot of the students had not had any sort of sword training. His eyes once again settled on Testamente as the student he had just practiced with went to find another partner with a frustrated sigh.
Old Posted 09-28-2010, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote