View Single Post
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
honestly, I get dad's logic, but at the same time... royal blue is not the same as blue, especially where yarn is concerned.

Some backstory: I am nearing the end of my big rainbow shawl (a few more rows on the current chart, then one whole chart for the next color, and the chart for the border), and have learned that a single, normal-sized skein of the yarn (Red Heart Super Saver, which doesn't use dye lots [This will be relevant shortly]) I've been using is not gonna be enough for the remaining charts. I have a big skein of the yarn I'm gonna use for the border, but I need another skein for the chart that's between the one I'm working on and the border.

Since Dad was gonna be in the town with a Walmart anyway today, I had him go to get me more of the yarn in the next chart's color (I have another of the color I'm working in atm on the way). He claims the store was out of the color I need, and that he matched the code on the color tag to another identical one, but it's royal blue, instead of being blue. Now, in any other brand, that'd be the dye lot, and the yarns would be identical in coloration (for solids, which the yarn is). Not the case with RHSS.

So. tomorrow, after therapy, I'm taking pop cans back and getting some money, and I'm gonna go to the other nearby town that has a Walmart and check there for the color I need.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 05-05-2021, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote