Thread: Ludum Dare 46
View Single Post
Developer
Default   #15  
Got my scores in. I did pretty well!

Overall: 3.452
Fun: 3.429
Innovation: 2.85
Theme: 3.9 (700th place out of almost 5000 submissions!)
Graphics: 3.737
Audio: 3.525 (676th place!)
Humor: 2.361
Mood: 3.4

This is the second-best Theme score I've ever gotten. The only time I ever got higher was with Dungeons of Indianapolis (4.025), and apparently for "combine two incompatible genres" text adventure + racing game is pretty incompatible.

Also the second-best Graphics score I've ever gotten. Only beaten by Nullified, and it was pretty close.

It's my second-best Audio score, but Network Invader kinda doesn't count because I didn't write the music for that one and the rules changed since then -- Audio is now scored on audio you created instead of overall audio design.

The only time I've ever gotten a Humor score over 3.0 was with Dungeons of Indianapolis. It wasn't meant to be a funny game so it's fine that I didn't score well there.

3rd-best Overall score! Behind Network Invader and Diminishing Lands, and Diminishing Lands has to be one of the best games I've built IMO. (Network Invader... I think I hit a sweet spot on what the audience was looking for, because I don't think the game was actually that GOOD.)

Likewise 3rd-best Fun score, behind the same two games in the other order.

If I average all of the scores I actually care about (and, for fairness, if I disqualify the Audio score from Network Invader because of the rules change), this means this is my best game ever! And it feels like it. I'm happy. :D
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-19-2020, 02:46 AM Reply With Quote