View Single Post
Developer
Default   #4347  
I've been playing REALLY casually recently, since I've been really disappointed with the way descended dungeons are going now. I still like the game, but it used to be that descended monsters were still usably good... but then they just started either being unusable monsters only valuable for evo materials, or they're powerful on paper but require completely unplayable or unsynergizable mechanics (e.g. poison orbs), or they're dropped from dungeons that are so hard that if you CAN clear them you don't need the monster to begin with.

But I still enjoy the game itself even if I'm not super happy with the rewards. I like the monthly quest dungeons, for example, but that's not a "play for a couple hours every day" kind of investment like I used to put in. But really I'm okay with that. I actually appreciate that the content is being released at a pace I can meaningfully consume without stressing myself out.

So I was really surprised to see the new starter uvos. I'm VERY impressed with how good they are. Event medals aren't that hard to come by, and Icedragon King Plesios is a significant upgrade as a leader for my water/dragon 5+enhanced team.

I'm also pretty happy with the quality of life improvements and some of the buffs provided to existing monsters. I've got several teams that I really enjoy playing, and each one handles a little differently, and that's fun.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-09-2018, 09:07 PM Reply With Quote