View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
It took a long, agonizing time for Shaldag to process the blue-haired girl's apology. What had she done to be sorry? He acted out of his own volition when it had come to saving Ashi, and to an extent, Hyun-Chu. This was the price someone had to pay for showing a modicum of loyalty as ganger scum. A deep inhale and the Ogrunu lifted his head pursed his lips. "I assume everyone is okay, if we're in a hospital, and not strung up like animals to be butchered and dismembered." He grumbled; words coming out slowly and surely. "What happened when I pulled that grenade? Are we still being hunted?"

His heart however, panged in agony and the Ogrunu's mangled features softened, before he craned his head to the side - A cybernetic arm with a small bandana wrapped around the wrist making Shaldag's nose flare and the veins in his head bulge. A few seconds later and liquid began to stream down his face - Analoka moving over to dry crying eyes. "I lost her. I lost the only little thing in the world that made me happy. They took her to The Tides before her time, and now she is swimming in Oblivion. I promised I was going to be the one to greet her there." Shaldag lamented shaking his head; small crackings of inhibited crying turning into full-blown fits of mourning. "I can't be forgiven for this. She was special. Like a daughter I couldn't have. Family. An outcasted little girl that found a kindred spirit in a big, mechanical monster."

Melancholy turned into anger and Shaldag focused a hateful eye on Ashi; A fiery orb that seemed to burn brighter when he let the venom out of his mouth. "It's that stupid Chuzizian's fault. If Hyun didn't send her off to fuck-all, she would be here with us. Instead she wanted to just bring you into her room and have her way with you. The moment I get back on two legs, I'm going to rip her in half. I'm gonna make her feel every ounce of pain I feel, and when she's huddled in a corner regenerating her limbs back, I'll do it again. Over and over."

<><><><><><><><>

Atrix sucked her teeth and hissed in irritation. She was not particularly well-versed in counterbanter, other than threats. And none of them was giving the doctor in front of her pause. Adding to the fact she couldn't strike him without the fear of repercussions from the hospital security? It was a losing battle that she was waging, and giving the doctor his due, the Terskix sat in a few brief minutes of defeated silence; A pout raked along her face while she crossed her lower limbs.

"Hmph." Atrix grunted, whisking her head to side as the man commented on her precious chitin not healing - Atrix closing all of her eyes save for one, which she kept locked onto the man treating her - Legs crossing, then uncrossing only to recross once more while she fidgeted in place. "Then slather the cream on my cracked skin and be done with it. I'm already feeling my pride as a warrior slither away each second I'm being tended to by a..." Atrix spat out a slew of insults in her native tongue; the array of clicks and hisses mixed in with guttural language that came out of her like a venomous waterfall.

Once she had her small moment of vocal triumph Atrix looked over towards Mendez with her one eye and frowned. "This is your fault I'm here."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 12-31-2018, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote