View Single Post
Barrel of Monkeys
"Pre-concieved notions are a viable source of information half the time to begin with. Without them, people would probably make a lot of physical passes on my being, and then cry out in horror when they get burned," Analoka said, half as an observational fact, and the other half nothing more than a bit of humor escaping the otherwise stoic practioner, "You can stare at me as well. A lot people are wanton in their expression when it comes to something much more akin to abnormal to them. I suppose where you are from, you don't see many plasmic-carbon based life, correct? I was the same way seeing most of the humanoids when I ventured out into the world too. I couldn't believe that you all could be so weird. Half solid. Half liquid. Gelatinous viscera in between everywhere. I wanted to dissect all of you and see how you tick, then I decided to go into medicine when I realized I could make a living doing that." Analoka hummed and cocked her head to the side, looking at how much the blood in the tub had turned the precious liquid into a sickly, bilious tea color. Her work was started to be obscured, but at this point it was only a matter of time before the Daoweian was back to her normal self. "Your Ogrunu friend? He seemed more content on keeping himself as the pinnacle of statuesque. Didn't ask for anyone or anything. Refused several attempts to get him under anasthesia. He was coerced into painkillers at least, and we managed to get a temporary replacement jaw in his mouth, so he can talk. I supposed his glances to the side could have been him looking for you two. I don't want to dash your hopes, but I would assume not, personally."

Analoka's hands emerged from the tub of liquid, and pulling gloves off the woman let plumes of plasma trail up and flare before they calmed down, the doctor going silent in thought. "He wounds are definitely something I could see from a combat medic's perspective. I'm sure he did that because he cared about you, and it was his job. You do not need to feel responsible. If anything, you allowed him a chance to prove he can laugh death in the face. A trait that his species enjoys very much." The gaze of dread from Ashi put the doctor on edge, however, and the woman's flames dimmed to a tiny, dull flicker as she leaned back in her seat; Analoka listening to the response and offering a sage nod in return. "Ashamedly, I simply glanced at the headlines, looked at your face and then proceeded to scroll through my dataslate. I can't see your father, the king of the planet being so...Atrocious as you are claiming him to be. However I don't know him as well as his 'deceased' daughter." Looking towards the princess, the brand on Analoka's face formed into a small grin as she shook her head. "It's a shame. I was going to have to report you being alive. It is such a shame that instead I just found a lookalike in the midst of commotion. If you are catching the meaning behind my words."

Analoka arched her back and wriggled in place; the doctor adjusting a few unflattering bits of bodysuit where her inner fire had produced what looked like the humanoid equivalent of bloatedness in her form before she looked at Ashi and clasped her hands together. "Bend your knee. Work it a little. There will be some discomfort. If you have a sudden excruciating pain, and need to scream, please do so I know I have to open your leg back up and look for a piece of bone I may have misplaced."

>>>>>>>>

"If you fight as well as you can calm, I'm going to be on a vivisection table rather quickly then." Atrix hissed - Tartness in her voice creeping out against her will as she frowned and wrinkled her features, her grip loosening when she finally noticed Mendez's discomfort with her rather harsh handling of his being. "I don't see why you fear being eaten. I would do you the nicetie of killing you quickly and painlessly. No need for stress to tighten what little meat you have on your bones." This time the Terskix sounded a little more facetious than malicious, and she gave him one last squeeze of her hand. "There is a lot of shame in being afraid. You don't win a fight or a war when you're terrified. Many things under our boot learned that the hard way."

The clock ticked ever so slowly, and each millisecond was like an hour as Atrix waited in the room with Mendez; eyes continuing to peer around as the spidery woman awaited for her incoming doom - The vulnerability was the hardest part to swallow and while she knew Mendez was only human, and trying to help, each laughed sounded condescending rather than him trying to use light jests and nonchalance to calm her down. A ping of irritation made her eye twitch, though the Terskix resorted to slow breaths. "...It's appreciated that you'd at least fight someone for me. I didn't think you would punch me. I was half-expecting to be tossing you into some sort of fire for consumption. I'm glad you hit me. Because you're shaping to be an...Acceptable mate. I suppose that is the best words I can give you. There's no word for 'Love' in Terskixian."
"I just want to come home," said the Astronaut.
"So come home," said Ground Control.
"So come home," said the Voice from the Stars.

“And he goes around killing people?” said Mort.
He shook his head. “There’s no justice.”
Death sighed. NO, he said,... THERE'S JUST ME.
Old Posted 11-08-2018, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote