View Single Post
Weaver of Webs
Default   #11  
Emily was back to her sitting position, not willing to expend the strength it took to stand and the tears fell freely. She missed Victor, more than she ever thought she could miss another human. Yoruba, on the other hand, was still on her feet, both fists still clenched and trembling. “It doesn't work like that. He's seen both of us fight and he knew we weren't ones to make brash decisions. He knew that. And yeah, I didn't like him. So fucking what? He liked her and he didn't even bother to even tell her!” Yoruba pointed down to Emily who appeared to barely hear the words she was saying. “I dealt with him for her sake, just like he dealt with me, and look where we are now! Knowledge that could potentially save Emily down the line is lost and we have to get to fucking Seattle to figure it out. Tell me his fucking secrets were a good idea, and I'd tell you you're a fucking imbecile.” Yoruba stopped and shook her head, exhaling through her nose, “But. There's strength in numbers. If you want to join us, that's fine. But don't think I'm going to forget that you're now defending the name of someone that you yourself were threatening with a loaded fucking gun.”
All that is empty in the drawing should be filled in, the teacher said to us kids. First you sharpen the pencil to fill in the thin whiskers, then you use the thick crayon to fill in the wings with brown, meticulously and without letting the crayon leave the page. Six feet can be traced below the soft belly. Now, breathing is hard to detect on paper, the teacher said to me when I asked, but it is easier to feel it in real life.

Even insects breathe.

-Rawi Hage, Cockroach
Old Posted 06-09-2018, 07:18 PM Reply With Quote