View Single Post
Keyblade Master
Default   #19  
I'm twenty three years old and I don't bother having parties anymore. Pretty much after twenty one, there aren't really any "big celebrated" ages left until you hit fifty. I rather go out and have dinner with friends and family and not have to pay. Not having to pay would be a gift to me.

I feel like gifts aren't really the point in a birthday and I wish more people felt this way. To me, someone's birthday is a day where you celebrating the day of their birth and just have some fun together. I don't know when gifts such as materialized items started working their way into it all, but I kind of wish it never had. A lot of kids get really spoiled because of birthday gifts, hell, sixteen year old girls terrify me when their "sweet sixteen" rolls around. I never acted like some of those girls did / do when I turned sixteen. I think the only thing I ever asked for on my sixteenth birthday was to go to my favorite restaurant and for a book that was coming out in a series I was following (only because my parents wanted to get me something).
I really need to stop disappearing from this site.
It feels like I don't know anybody anymore.
Last edited by Sora; 11-01-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old Posted 11-01-2012, 11:37 PM Reply With Quote